Salad with mango, avocado and coriander
Today, we were having good friends over for dinner. The sun was shining and we were having a barbecue. I felt like having avocado, and I felt like having mango. I also wanted a green salad. So I decided to mix it all up. I wasn’t sure it would work, but it did! A fresh fruity filling salad. Perfect for barbecues. We had fillets of pork, but I will also try it with scampi.
- Lots of avocados, in big chunks
- one big mango, in big chunks
- salad leaves (baby spinach, rucola, beet root leaves etc)
- lots of coriander, coarsely chopped
- lime juice
- mango vinagre (or use a sweet white balsamico or equivalent)
- a good extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of chili pepper or cayenne
- Maldon salt and pepper
This is the mango condiment I use. Bought from one of my favourite shops: Oliviers & co.