Great company for a lovely piece of organic chicken
I bought a bunch of lovely fresh beets yesterday, and wanted to use them today. I came up with this side-dish, or ‘warm salad’ if you like. It was quite delicious with lots of different tastes and textures, and the best thing about it: both my kids now love beetroot 🙂
- Boilded red quinoa
- beets, cut into chunks, baked in an oven with olive oil, salt and pepper on 180’C until tender and sweet
- feta cheese
- lots of chopped flat-leaf parsley (I forgot to mix it in before I took this picture).
- olive oil
- good quality balsamic vinegar
- a few drops of honey, maple- or agave sirup
- salt and pepper
The dressing should be thick, sweet and salty.
Mix everything together and serve with chicken, or by itself as a vegetarian lunch or dinner.
Salad with mango, avocado and coriander
Today, we were having good friends over for dinner. The sun was shining and we were having a barbecue. I felt like having avocado, and I felt like having mango. I also wanted a green salad. So I decided to mix it all up. I wasn’t sure it would work, but it did! A fresh fruity filling salad. Perfect for barbecues. We had fillets of pork, but I will also try it with scampi.
- Lots of avocados, in big chunks
- one big mango, in big chunks
- salad leaves (baby spinach, rucola, beet root leaves etc)
- lots of coriander, coarsely chopped
- lime juice
- mango vinagre (or use a sweet white balsamico or equivalent)
- a good extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of chili pepper or cayenne
- Maldon salt and pepper
Barbecued fillet of pork, mango and avocado salad, potato wedges and home made aioli
This is the mango condiment I use. Bought from one of my favourite shops: Oliviers & co.