Sweet strawberries, ripe peaches, tasty cheese, crunchy pumpkin seeds and lovely leaves
This is what I made for lunch today.. The Norwegian strawberries are dreamy this time of year, and I try to find new ways to serve these little wonders. If I had a creamy goats cheese, or even feta cheese, I would probably use that, but all I had was a mature ‘Primadonna’ cheese (tastes almost like Parmesan), and it worked well.
- A mix of salad leaves
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- cheese; goats-, feta-, or a mature tasty hard cheese
- a good peppery extra virgin olive oil
- a nice aged balsamico, or a sweet fig balsamico
- Maldon salt and black pepper
Rinse, cut and mix.
I served the salad with organic crisp bread and some nice homemade hummus. Perfect!
All in the mix
This is a super-healthy mix of pulses, grains, seeds, raw vegetables, chicken etc. I had some chicken and oven baked tomatoes left-over from yesterdays dinner, and decided to use it in a salad.
- Pulses; a mix of cooked chickpeas, white beans, brown beans, barlotti beans- whatever you have
- guacamole, with extra cayenne pepper/chili, and lime, for extra taste
- feta cheese, crumbled
- Quinoa, ready boiled and drained
- celery stick, chopped finely
- spring onion, chopped finely
- chicken, in small pieces
- tomatos, I used both fresh and oven baked
- pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry pan for a few minutes
- olive oil
- Maldon salt and pepper
Mix it all together